DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
As a consultant my role includes:
• Unlimited consultations with you via telephone/email
• Assistance in budget determination and breakdown as needed
• Discussion of theme, color, style and complete wedding design
• Research of wedding professionals in each category that fit your event style and budget and to provide you with suggestions and guidance in making the final selections
• Attendance at unlimited vendor appointments of your choice
As Wedding Day Coordinator my duties include:
• Visit to both ceremony and reception sites prior to wedding
• Development of a detailed wedding timeline and floor plan for contracted vendors and bridal party
• Follow up telephone calls to all contracted vendors 1 – 2 weeks before wedding day
• On-site coordination and supervision at the ceremony site and during the reception.
• Provide appropriate amount of staff to ensure ease and efficiency of the execution of the plan
Please note that the services listed above do not include running any personal wedding related errands such as picking up or delivering attire, supplies or equipment, documents, etc.
As the client, you will rely on me to work as many hours as may be reasonably necessary to fulfill my obligations under our agreement.
• I understand that my role will be that of advisor and coordinator. You will make the actual selections of service providers and I will implement those selections.
• Some vendors will require payment directly, while others will be paid through me, as your representative.
• For any vendors or services not scheduled by me, it is your responsibility to provide me with contact names, telephone numbers and any scheduled timetables for all service providers involved in the wedding ceremony/reception no later than 14 days prior to the wedding or upon the signing of this letter.
• It is also your responsibility to notify me of any changes in a timely manner. I shall not be held liable for any changes made by you or your selected service providers.
• I will use my professional judgment when taking action in regard to changes, weather, tardiness, nonperformance, etc. based on the situation, time limitations and/or your wishes.
• In the event a venue coordinator is on site I will work with you and the coordinator as needed.
FEES & PAYMENT SCHEDULE
We have a variety of payment options, sure to fit each client’s individual financial schedule. Once you have chosen your payment option with the completion of your contract, a detailed payment schedule with the terms and conditions will be sent to you.
• ½ Now ½ Later
One month after receipt of initial deposit and signed contract, one half will be due, and then the final half and full balance will be due 1 month prior to event date.
This option works well for those with at least 9 months or more planning time. One month after receipt of initial deposit and signed contract, one third will be due, then in the following 2-3 months the second one third will be due, with the final third and full balance being due 1 month prior to event date.
One month after receipt of initial deposit and signed contract, a simple monthly payment plan will be agreed upon and put in place.
Or, simply inquire for custom payment arrangements……
Other vendor deposits may be required to secure specialty services. You will be notified in advance if and when these are required.
Final payment for Akia Wedding & Events, llc services is due 45 days prior to event date. Other vendors may require alternate payment terms. You will be notified in advance if and when these are required.
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT
• Visa, Master Card, Discover Card, Amex
4% processing fee will be applied
• Checks, US Money Orders, Travelers Checks, Cashier’s Checks
Please allow 5-10 mailing days for our receipt by due date
• 4.167% Hawaii State Tax is applicable to all services
This agreement will terminate automatically upon completion of the services required by this letter of agreement.
Any changes made to this letter of agreement must be made in writing and signed by all parties. You may cancel this agreement, in writing, for any reason. If the wedding is canceled, refunds are limited to unearned fees, funds in excess of unused or non-refundable fees and out-of-pocket expenses.
• If for any reason you decide to cancel your wedding services within 30 days of the wedding or event date, you will be charged 100% of your total services plus your nonrefundable coordination deposit.
• Cancellations within 30-90 days prior to your special event on Maui will incur 75% of the total estimated charges plus any vendor deposits (per their cancellation policy).
• Cancellations prior to 90 days prior to your special event on Maui will receive a refund less original coordination deposit(s) plus any vendor deposits (per their cancellation policy). All cancellation fees are on top of the initial nonrefundable deposit(s).
ACTS OF GOD
If an act of God, such as a fire, flood, earthquake or other natural calamity shall cause you to cancel your wedding; I will require payment only for the time actually spent planning your wedding.